The Project Controls Specialist II will be part of the Program Management Office (PMO) and perform project controls functions for planning, monitoring and reporting on schedules and budget. Responsibilities also include completing advanced earned value analysis for product development of commercial aircraft interior components. This role works with cross functional business units as a key member of the program team to ensure that programs are being managed using program management best practices. In addition to program responsibilities the Project
Controls Specialist II will work across the portfolio tracking and reporting as necessary to ensure all value streams are performing to deliver a successful program.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Lead process improvement projects focused on improving program and portfolio monitoring and control.
- Evaluate current processes and improve efficiency of program planning and scheduling to assist program teams in delivering successful programs.
- Manage all aspects of the Microsoft Project and portfolio management system under the guidance of the Director of Programs
- Compile and analyze and wide range of program and portfolio metrics.
- Analyze schedule critical path, manage budget and track earned value metrics and make program recommendations to managers.
- Complete root cause analysis of schedule delays and budget overruns.
- Develop understanding of large scale and complex commercial aircraft seating projects to plan and manage work, including complete resource management.
- Create and track schedules for sales and proposal development team
- Support Engineering with KPI tracking and specifically defined reporting needs
- Develop tools and automation as necessary to improve the data collection and reporting processes.