The Supply Chain Commodity Lead: Devise ways to and means to maximize commodity buying efficiency and minimize risk to the business. Assess and approve supplier and market details, while developing and managing pricing strategies. Plans and develops bidder lists, prepares requests for proposals, reviews supplier proposals, selects qualified sources, prepares purchase contracts.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Independently commit the company by planning and authorizing purchase contracts, contract changes and other procurement instruments having signatory authority.
2. Lead procurement team and managing the total procurement effort for assigned projects/programs, including directing such tasks as fact finding, price and cost analysis, source selection, negotiations, and bidder briefings and debriefings.
3. Develop and manage procurement packages thorough supplier relationships and contractual obligations and agreements.
4. Optimization of Supply Chain throughout the enterprise while developing implementing and authorizing actions to collaborate with other functional disciplines.
5. Identifies opportunities for operational excellence and cost saving.
6. Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of procurement basics, ethical business conduct, legal principles, and protection of HAECO, supplier and customer proprietary data by complying with company policies, procedures and accepted business practices.
7. Maintain contractual integrity of procurement packages by reviewing, determining and incorporating appropriate State and Federal regulations, contract flow-down requirements, and other special terms and conditions peculiar to individual contracts types.
8. Manages the sourcing deals, contracts, delivery and quality for a complete procurement cycle, ensuring the commercial and cost saving benefits are realized at the P&L level and ensuring on time delivery with the suppliers
9. Works closely with the operations team to support strategic sourcing projects for OEM customers and the aftermarket customer support
10. Foster increased productivity and advancement opportunities by personal commitment to professional development and by practicing continuous improvement of processes.
11. Support Corporate goals for small business/small disadvantaged business by promoting the use of qualified sources and by seeking, encouraging and assisting new candidates to become qualified.
1. Four year college degree or equivalent work experience as a Procurement Agent.
2. 10 years of progressive experience in commodity sourcing.
3. Procurement experience leading to a solid understanding of the organization’s processes and product flow, the ability to interpret engineering data where applicable and a demonstrated ability to make quick and accurate decisions.
4. Ten (10) working with contracts that include specialized terms and conditions while complying with State and Federal regulations.
5. Proficient in MS Office software applications.
6. Strong working knowledge with ERP systems
7. Good written and oral communication skills and the traits of an effective team member.
8. Good organizational skills and the ability to prioritize work and accurately perform duties.
9. Must have independent problem solving skills and the discipline to persevere until problems are solved.
10. International and domestic travel required, up to 20%.
11. Read, write, speak and understand the English language.
12. Willingness to continue personal growth and development.