Manages and controls chemical product usage and waste.
- Inspect assigned chemical cabinets and shelves for expired chemicals and other requirements, restock CMT assigned chemicals on an as needed basis.
- Remove all non compliant or expired chemicals from assigned cabinets/shelves, expired material cabinets, and waste management totes and transport to chemical sorting building for sorting.
- Record scrap volume of chemicals in containers removed from all locations.
- Service and collect hazardous waste for compacting from all satellite drums, compact, and transport to chemical storage building.
- Service and transport liquid hazardous and non hazardous waste collection drums and totes and store for disposal.
- Service and collect aerosol can collection drums, transport and puncture to remove contents, and recycle cans.
- Service and collect universal waste from satellite locations and transport for storage and/or processing.
- Service and transport the collection barrels for used oil, speedy dry, and oily rags and store for disposal/recycle.
- Assure all hazardous/universal waste is labeled, weighed, and stored according to 40 CFR 262 Subpart C requirements and assure all non hazardous waste is labeled properly.
- Dispose/recycle inspected empty containers per chemical container training and procedural requirements.
- Complete remove of international garbage from assigned aircraft per training and procedural requirements.
- Complete collection and discharge of O2 generators per training and procedural requirements.
- Serve as a member of the HAECO emergency response team with duties as a first aid responder and spill response for spills.
- Assist with the loading of hazardous and non hazardous waste for shipping and escorting onsite collection of waste by vendors and assure manifests are delivered to the Environmental Compliance Technician.