Responsible for inventory control, specifically identifying and reducing excess and obsolete material and ensuring proper identification of inventory.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Responsible for evaluating inventory to determine excess and obsolete material based on material usage, Master Schedule, Bills of Materials, MRP and historical and future sales data and forecasts, etc.
- Recommend and implement strategies for the reduction of excess material and the prevention of future obsolescence of material.
- Responsible for reviewing programs scheduled for discontinuation and recommending phase-out strategies to prevent excess and obsolete inventory.
- Recommend and coordinate strategies for the disposition of obsolete material.
- Coordinate and assist in the preparation/disposition of scrapping material.
- Coordinate with Manufacturing, Customer Care, Procurement and Receiving/Inspection to determine material requiring receiving and inspection priority.
- Perform job and material cost analysis to determine cost variances and reasons for variances.
- Maintain inventory and purchasing units of measure and conversion factors.
- Analyze incoming and outgoing freight costs and collaborate with logistics and Purchasing to identify cost reduction opportunities.
- Assist with tracking and analyzing key performance indicators for cycle counting, inventory dollars, freight analysis, etc.
- Lead continuous improvement events to foster efficiency and process improvements.
- Assist Purchasing with identifying material demand issues by performing problem solving activities.
- Support Stores operations by providing required analysis, research, reporting and problem solving.
- Assist with part set up and maintenance as required.