The Safety Coordinator maintains safety related functions for military operations under HAECO Special Services (HSS), located on the Greensboro, NC facility. This position monitors the safety program as well as providing safety reporting, program maintenance and analysis, ensure compliance with Federal, State and Local OSHA requirements. This position reports directly to the Greensboro Safety Manger who has overall responsibility for the management of the facility safety related programs.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Investigate all accidents to determine root cause and work with management to implement corrective action to prevent reoccurrence.
- Maintain military specific Environmental, Health and Safety manuals
- Conduct periodic and scheduled facility EH&S audits/inspections as necessary to ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Follow up on all accidents and injuries to ensure prompt submittal of required documentation.
- Serve as chairperson for the military safety committee
- Procure and distribute EH&S related topics to be reviewed at crew meetings.
- Responsible to maintain all EHS required logs, reports and documentation.
- Monitor the effectiveness of the EH&S training programs to ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Support the Restricted Duty Program and all Workers Comp issues that arise.
- Respond to emergencies during regular work schedule and on/off-shift times.
- Maintains, coordinates and drives the functionality of the Military Safety Management System.
- Ensures an updated file of Safety Data Sheets for all chemicals in the HSS inventory.
- Conduct hangar safety inspections and oversee and maintain the HSS’s Hazard Communication Program.
- Setup and oversee Quarterly Safety meetings
- Act as main point of contact for the Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA) for Safety and support audits as required with FAA and DCMA in relation to safety functions.
- Act as a member of the emergency response team
- Promote a culture of safety by ensuring work is performed within HSS safety guidelines.
Perform other duties as assigned by Greensboro Safety Manager and HSS General Manager.
Accountable to the Greensboro Safety Manager