The Configuration manager is responsible for ensuring controls are in place to guarantee product configuration changes are managed though repeatable processes that meet internal, regulatory and customer requirements.
The role consists of operational tasks to manage the Change Control Board (CCB) and strategic activities to enhance configuration processes to improve internal efficiency and external customer satisfaction.
Essential Job Duties:
- Manage the Change Control Board process.
- Publish change request agenda and chair the CCB meeting
- Review documentation for compliance to company procedures
- Determine when changes should be returned due to missing or conflicting information
- Document CCB decisions, record actions and track tasks through to completion
- Review requirements and adjust Configuration Management (CM) plans to meet contract agreements
- Develop, implement, and track metrics to report CCB performance and change reason code trends
- Analyze metrics and propose solutions to streamline throughput
- Plan and lead focused workshops to support process improvements and changes to regulatory or customer requirements
- Align and maintain internal operating procedures within the overarching CM Plan
- Develop user guides and other training material to drive process consistency
- Develop and manage CM training program of computer based training, operating procedure awareness and face-to-face instruction. Run interactive training sessions.
- Recommend policy changes to management teams
- Describe and explain CM procedures to customers and regulatory bodies
- Perform other duties and special projects as required
Accountable to the Director, PLM & Configuration Management