The Assembly Lead is a working member of his/her assigned assembly line who is charged with the responsibility of leading, directing, and assigning the work of the other members of his/her crew.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Leads and directs the activities of assembly line. Assists with interpretation of work instructions to ensure work and inspections are properly completed / verified in compliance with established policies/procedures.
- Serves as the ANDON facilitator, to evaluate failure mode(s) and notify appropriate support personnel required to address / solve issue(s).
- Ensures all Kanban carts are correctly configured for each assembly station, validating all parts in accordance to the material Pick List.
- Coordinates with Business Planner in establishing and maintaining Job Pick List Board in accordance to the assembly schedule and build sequence.
- Assists water-spiders to ensure efficient & effective Kanban cart replenishment.
- Ensures all assembly work instructions match Drawing Revision Matrix provided by Manufacturing Engineer.
- Ensures all assembly station tooling is correct and properly organized on shadow boards.
- Coordinates with Production Team Leader in establishing and maintaining daily schedule.
- Actively interfaces with assemblers with expressed emphasis on assembly improvement(s) as it relates to method and related work instructions.
- Continuously monitors safety, MSDS cabinet, documentation, and proper procedures to ensure compliance.
- Assists with investigations, validation, and developing root cause analysis based on corrective actions for internal and external audit findings identified in assigned work areas.
- Attends customer coordination and status meetings at defined times.
- Assists in the training of other employees as well as assisting them in the performance of their job assignments through coaching, counseling, and guidance.