Job Summary: Oversee the development of design, engineering and certification data for products and services across the Company’s engineering locations in NC, WA, Hong Kong and China; set engineering standards and objectives; oversee engineering schedules, budgets and capacity; develop cost estimates and support the sales process.
Essential Job Duties:
- Engage in the definition and communication of company strategic plans, policies and standards for the organization.
- Provide strategic plans for all product development efforts to include subsequent testing, release, and production environments.
- Set engineering departmental policy, procedures and standards to maximize the effectiveness of the Company’s engineering function. Standardize the engineering development process across Company locations.
- Recruit, manage, and continuously develop through leadership and collaborative team building a world-class team of engineering professionals.
- Support business development efforts by participating in customer interface and supplying relevant technical information to meet customer bid requirements.
- Ensure knowledge sharing of engineering best practices across departments and locations; and develop and monitor technical standards to ensure adherence to standard procedures.
- Oversee technical design and participate in design reviews.
- Review and be accountable for engineering project schedules and budgets.
- Oversee the Company’s substantiation and certification activity to ensure that engineering design data complies with FAA requirements.
Support other duties and special projects as assigned.
This position is accountable to the EVP/GM.