The Stockroom Lead is responsible for the daily oversight and operation of the Stockroom area. The position provides information on revolving inventory levels to the Logistics Supervisor and ensures material requisitions are filled promptly and accurately, reporting discrepancies, material shortages and ensures the accurate maintenance of all inventory control records. The Stockroom Lead also ensures the issuance of material to specific jobs to assist with the build of the product and maintains the inventory in an accurate and secure manner. Also ensures the stockroom and bins are clean and orderly.
SPECIFIC JOB DUTIES:
- Maintains a secure warehouse environment for company-owned and customer-furnished material to ensure proper accountability of assets.
- Ensures inventory balances remain accurate by proper completion of documents to ensure receipt.
- Issues transactions of company, commercial and customer-furnished material is in accordance with established procedures.
- Assigns jobs to department personnel.
- Advises the Logistics Supervisor and material planning employees of shortages.
- Assists production as needed and is aware of material requiring special handling and monitors time-controlled materials to ensure items are dealt with accordingly, appropriately and within the specified time frame.
- Verify the shelf life status of materials stored in the stock room area in accordance with quality manuals ensuring no outdated materials are issued.
- Maintains a clean, workable warehouse designed for efficiency in locating individual items and increasing productivity.
- Reviews daily floor stock locations to determine replenishment requirements.
- Enters accurate data into the materials computer system in accordance with established procedures.
- Has a thorough knowledge of common warehouse practices and warehouse tool operations, i.e., forklifts, pallet jacks, etc.
- Responsible for the safety and security of stores.