The Shipping Receiving Supervisor oversees employees in receiving and shipping in daily operations to ensure material is received and/or shipped in a timely manner. Ensures that the required level of internal/external customer support is provided on a 24/7 schedule to support programs in work.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Ensures materials in the receiving area are processed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensures that the receiving dock and shipping dock is kept clean, safe and orderly.
- Ensures the shipping materials are stored accurately orderly and securely.
- Responsible for compliance with HazMat regulations.
- Revises procedures as required to meet changes in the operation and customer requirements.
- Reviews time and attendance reports daily.
- Ensures employees follow procedures and are trained in safety, proper handling, processing and control of materials.
- Monitors the receiving and shipping training procedure, ensuring compliance with Policy.
- Ensures stock levels of material for shipments of seats and parts are monitored and ordered when needed.
- Assist the Logistics Supervisor with scheduling of internal company transportation and external transportation needs.
- Prepares work schedules, assigns work and oversees the work product while minimizing production downtime, overtime and call-in hours.
- Coach, train, council and supervise the performance of direct reports.
- Ensure proper training for employees on CFR 49 and IATA.
- Perform reviews and explain company policy with personnel.
- Fully uses all assets available to accomplish smooth work flow.