Prepare customer manuals and supplements, HAECO manuals and supplements, and other technical documentation in accordance with FAA, customer, and HAECO standards of quality.
Essential Job Duties:
- Research and review engineering drawings, engineering orders, and related technical data defining aircraft modifications and assembly/subassembly/component specifications, determine the effect on customer technical publications, and use the materials to produce accurate, high quality customer technical publications, which adhere to ATA iSpec 2200 format.
- Focus primarily on in-house technical publications such as manuals, forms, and standard operating procedures.
- Provide support to other internal departments with regard to customer technical publications.
- Provide support to other internal departments with regard to in-house forms, guides, intranet sites, and manuals.
- Interface and coordinate in a professional manner with other HAECO departments, internal customers, to ensure customer, regulatory, and HAECO requirements are met and to promote and support organizational business interests.
- Work on complex documentation tasks with assistance.
- Assist with continuous improvement of Technical Publications department, including procedures, quality control, workflow, and tools.
- Display self leadership- volunteer for training on unfamiliar assignments.
- Contribute to multiple technical publication types from among CMMs, ICAs, In-house documentation.
- Demonstrate familiarity with illustration requirements.
- Demonstrate familiarity with structured FrameMaker (FM).
- Demonstrate some knowledge of (and a willingness to learn) technical writing concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Develop a strong understanding of HAECO policies and procedures.
- Develop expertise in technical documentation methods and procedures used at HAECO.