Maintain Production Master Schedule; oversee the generation, scheduling and release of production control documentation; establish lead times; plan capacity; forecast work and resolve bottlenecks.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Create, maintain and distribute the Production Master Schedule to forecast upcoming work and plan the capacity of the Plant.
- Establish and coordinate internal lead times of all orders. Work with Manufacturing Engineering to develop and maintain Methods of Manufacturing (routing) inputs such as lead time, setup and run times, and outside processing within ERP system.
- Manage the MRP and demand forecasting functions within the ERP system to maintain raw material inventory at optimum levels and balance work center loading.
- Oversee the generation, revision, scheduling and release of manufacturing/final assembly jobs, work orders and other production control documentation.
- Create, maintain and coordinate the capacity vs. load forecast and priority dispatch list for each work center.
- Coordinate job status and new program requirements throughout the plant. Work with Production to resolve bottlenecks, work stoppages and manage the flow of materials and completion of work.
- Coordinate with Supply Chain and Manufacturing Engineering to resolve part shortages and minimize adverse impact to deadlines.
- Assign projects, ownership and responsibility for work content and accountability for performance.
- Support strategic initiatives by developing business plans, supporting analysis and implementation plans.
- Enforce safety, environmental compliance and housekeeping practices at the Plant.
- Engage employees and communicate clearly and effectively. Coach, train, develop, council and mentor all employees, regardless of role, reporting or function.