The Customer Support Engineer is responsible for direct interaction with internal and external customers in support of new and existing products to include product usage, product training, product performance/troubleshooting, and management of the return material authorization (RMA) process, including warranty returns and repairs. Works closely with Engineering and Quality organizations to help understand, isolate and resolve problems. The Customer Support Engineer is responsible for managing multifunctional/cross-departmental tasks including development of customer troubleshooting techniques/instructions, return material review and disposition, trend analysis, and corrective/preventative actions. The CSE has a global operational perspective with detailed product knowledge and can reach across the organization in support of HAECO Cabin Solutions "HAECO" products.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Lead and manage the product support, RMA, and warranty administration effort for customer and product issues. Lead the effort to continuously improve the RMA and warranty process to address customer warranty claims to the mutual satisfaction of the Company and customers.
- Document customer issues/actions/warranty claims. Resolve claims and/or complaints with customers by using a customer-centric approach at all times.
- Understand and interpret technical publications such as Component Maintenance Manuals.
- Provide in-field product support assistance as required to address specific customer issues.
- Interface with Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Documentation, and Quality in addressing product quality and customer support issues.
- Direct root cause analysis investigations and assist with corrective and preventative actions including follow up to determine proper implementation and effectiveness of improvements.
- Develop requirements for customer support engineering projects including schedule, budget, and resources.
- Responsible for project management (within defined scope).
- Responsible for integration of improvements into HAECO's Quality processes (where appropriate).
- Lead the development of Service Bulletins, Service Letters and Airworthiness Directives for corrective action or the release of information as necessary.
- Lead the meeting of the HAECO Warranty Review Board. Investigate, analyze and prepare recommendations as necessary for decisions that are required from the Warranty Review Board.
- Improve Product Support performance and customer relationships by monitoring quality, and schedule compliance; initiating and implementing appropriate action to resolve problems; and, mediating conflicts and establish resolution with customers.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of product support basics, ethical business conduct, legal principles, and protection of HAECO, supplier and customer proprietary data by complying with company policies, procedures and accepted business practices.
- Develop other product support team members by providing guidance on technical issues and handling of customer requests regarding product support matters.
- Foster increased productivity and advancement opportunities by personal commitment to professional development and by practicing continuous improvement of processes.