Develops, implements and coordinates product assurance program to prevent or eliminate defects in new or existing products by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors. Ensures compliance with FAA guidelines and FAR’s where required. Manages subordinate supervisor(s) who supervises exempt and nonexempt employees. May also directly supervise exempt and/or nonexempt employees. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training associates; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising and documenting performance; rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Essential Job Duties:
- Administer and improve the HAECO Cabin Solutions Seating quality systems to ensure compliance with Federal Aviation Administration and customer standards of quality.
- Improve, document and administer the quality control and inspection program to ensure conformity with approved data, process control, and low defect rates.
- Develops modifications of product assurance program to delineate areas of responsibility, personnel requirements and operational procedures within program.
- Serve as official contact of HAECO Cabin Solutions Seating with regulatory agencies, the customer, auditors and other stakeholders on all matters pertaining to quality.
- Work proactively with other departments in the development of effective corrective actions to audit findings.
- Analyze and synthesize data to determine the state of system and process compliance. Develop and maintain metrics to support system improvements.
- Evaluates contents of reports from product assurance program department heads and confers with Management personnel preparatory to formulating fiscal budget for product assurance program.
- Conducts management meetings with product assurance program department heads to establish, delineate and review program organizational policies to coordinate functions and operations between departments and to establish responsibilities and procedures for attaining objectives.
- Visits and confers with representatives of material and component vendors to obtain information related to supplier quality, capacity of vendor to meet orders, and vendor quality standards.
- Confers with engineers about quality assurance of new products designed and manufactured products on market to rectify problems.
- Coordinate effectively with management, other departments, HAECO Americas corporate and co-workers to implement and monitor strategic company and departmental initiatives.
- Support and enforce Company policies and procedures.
Perform special projects as directed.
Accountable to the EVP/GM Seating