Prepare customer manuals and supplements, HAECO manuals and supplements, and other technical documentation
in accordance with FAA, customer, and HAECO standards of quality.
Essential Job Duties:
- Research and review engineering drawings, engineering orders, and related technical data defining aircraft modifications and assembly/subassembly/component specifications, determine the effect on customer technical publications, and use the materials to produce accurate, high quality customer technical publications, which adhere to ATA iSpec 2200 format.
- Revise customer manuals - component maintenance manuals and/or aircraft maintenance manual supplements and all HAECO and Cabin Solutions company manuals.
- Provide support to and share knowledge with other internal departments with regard to customer technical publications.
- Provide support to and share knowledge with other internal departments with regard to in-house technical publications, such as forms, guides, intranet sites, and manuals.
- Interface and coordinate in a professional manner with other HAECO departments, internal customers, to ensure customer, regulatory, and HAECO requirements are met and to promote and support organizational business interests.
- Must be able to work on complex documentation tasks with limited assistance.
- Promote and contribute to continuous improvement of Technical Publications department, including procedures, quality control, workflow, and tools.
- Monitor and suggest QC standards
- Display self leadership by volunteering to work unfamiliar assignments.
- Ability to write for, and produce as final, multiple technical publication types from among CMMs, ICAs, In-house documentation.
- Demonstrate developed production illustration skills.
- Demonstrate developed production structured FrameMaker (FM) skills.
- Demonstrate active pursuit of professional certification or other formal demonstration of knowledge of industry concepts practices and procedures.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of HAECO policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate expertise in technical documentation methods and procedures used at HAECO.
- Ability to function as an OJT Trainer for lower levels.