Identifies, coordinates and processes procurement requirements and requests for products or information. Monitors supplier delivery, commitments and performance; communicates status to Procurement Agents and other personnel. Maintains effective follow-up systems. Reviews supplier discrepancies and provides or supports corrective actions. Assists in the resolution of problems in Receiving, Receiving Inspection and or Accounts Payable functions related to supplier performance and/or billings.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Promote the most effective use of company funds and enhance opportunities to achieve program objectives by supporting the procurement process by planning, preparing and administering purchase orders.
- Promote the most effective use of company funds in the acquisition of assigned items at the most favorable price consistent with quality, quantity, and specification requirements, commit the company within authorized limits.
- Communicate with suppliers, interfacing with multiple business and computer systems, and initiating actions related to invoices and payments, receiving quantities and schedules, inspections and rejections and other related issues.
- Demonstrate knowledge of procurement policies and procedures by complying with legal requirements, procurement practices and ethical standards in all procurement processes.
- Maintain compliant procurement documentation and confidentiality of proprietary information by verifying contents against requirements and adhering to established policies and agreements.
- Comply with State and Federal procurement regulations by understanding and incorporating appropriate terms and conditions into procurement contracts. Be aware of hazardous materials and methods of shipment.
- Foster increased productivity and advancement opportunities by personal commitment to professional development and by practicing continuous improvement of processes.
- Maintain good company image and vendor relations through professional business conduct.