The Spares Lead is responsible for the daily oversight and operation of the Stockroom area. The position provides information on revolving inventory levels to the Customer Care Director and ensures material requisitions are filled promptly and accurately, reporting discrepancies, material shortages and ensures the accurate maintenance of all inventory control records. The Spares Lead also ensures the issuance of material to specific jobs to assist with the build of the spares product and maintains the inventory in an accurate and secure manner. Also ensures the stockroom and bins are clean and orderly.
Specific Job Duties:
- Maintains a secure warehouse environment for company-owned and customer- owned material to ensure proper accountability of assets.
- Ensures inventory balances remain accurate by proper completion of documents to ensure receipt.
- Issues transactions of company, commercial and customer- owned material is in accordance with established procedures.
- Assigns jobs to department personnel.
- Advises staff of shortages.
- Is aware of material requiring special handling and monitors time-controlled materials to ensure items are dealt with accordingly, appropriately and within the specified time frame.
- Verify the shelf life status of materials stored in the stock room area in accordance with quality manuals ensuring no outdated materials are issued.
- Maintains a clean, workable warehouse designed for efficiency in locating individual items and increasing productivity.
- Reviews daily floor stock locations to determine replenishment requirements.
- Enters accurate data into the materials computer system in accordance with established procedures.
- Has a thorough knowledge of common warehouse practices and warehouse tool operations, i.e., forklifts, pallet jacks, etc.
- Responsible for the safety and security of stores.
- Maintains 5S in stockroom area
- Primary contact between spares and Customer Care for status of orders in process
- Review spares sales orders for inventory availability, notifying supply chain. and customer care of daily issues
- Coordinate w/Quality on any documents needed to complete shipments
- Assure personnel are treated equally and fairly in accordance with HAECO Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Maintain accurate time-keeping records for assigned personnel as required.
- Implement and monitor strategic company and department initiatives as required and directed.
- Provide coaching, counseling and guidance to assigned work groups.
- Schedule personnel to ensure department is staffed properly.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.