The Project Manager is responsible for creating and maintaining a safe work environment, managing costs and delivering a quality aircraft/project on time. The Project Manager helps develop and manage a budget. His/her job responsibilities involve total control of the aircraft, which he/she has been assigned. The Project Manager retains a consistent crew unless workload in other areas dictates differently, which he/she will coordinate with the Director of Maintenance and other Project Managers. Perform work within budgeted time within HAECO, FAA and our customer’s standards of quality. Leads assigned to his/her project will report directly to the Project Manager.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Maintain control of the aircraft’s approved schedule, quality and rework, flow execution, budget and timely delivery of the program.
- Promote quality performance, positive financial results, safe work environment and on-time deliveries.
- Prepare and present daily status briefings on all aircraft assigned to include delivery, man-hour and budget status in conjunction with the Production Control Supervisor. Complete ADS reporting daily and note critical parts.
- Hold shift transition meetings with Business Planner, Lead, Production Control Supervisor, Lead and Material Specialist at the beginning of each shift and post updated scripts as needed
- Authorize expedited parts orders.
- Review work plan with Production Control Supervisor to ensure goals are aligned for each shift.
- Coordinate delivery of the aircraft back to our customer.
- Complete off-aircraft parts inspection by end of the primary inspection.
- Complete post-primary review with Production Control Manager to review the budget summary as needed.
- Ensure proper scheduling of manpower and proper skill levels through coordination with Production Control for all functions necessary to meet company objectives.
- Coordinate with the Inspection department to assure maintenance is performed in accordance with accepted standards.
- Coordinate with GSE to ensure the required flow of necessary equipment and parts, making recommendations to the Director of Maintenance for improvement of production operations.
- Work through subordinates to ensure proper completion of all required records.
- Maintain the repair station premises in a clean and orderly manner, including reporting unsatisfactory routine janitorial cleanup or maintenance services performed by Facilities Maintenance and assuring proper work area clean up by the workers.
- Ensure preservation of all units or parts during the maintenance process and after work is complete.
- Initiate requisitions for stock and material as required through coordination with the Director of Maintenance and scheduling priorities.
- Answer Corrective Action Requests as required. Complete root cause analyses and determine acceptable solutions.
- Provide a focal point for all communications relative to assigned projects.
- Act as back-up to the Director of Maintenance for responsibility of the scrap materials program.
- Provide coaching, counseling and guidance to assigned work groups.
- Promote a culture of safety by monitoring self and others to assure all duties are performed within the guidelines as specified by the HAECO Safety Manual.
- Assure personnel are treated equally and fairly in accordance with HAECO Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Build and promote positive employee morale.
- Be authorized to act on behalf of the repair station.
- Perform other duties as instructed by the Director of Maintenance.