Procurement of material for aircraft maintenance, tooling, ground support, facilities, office supplies, forms, etc., in cost effective manner. May be assigned to either Aircraft Maintenance purchasing functions or non-aircraft maintenance.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Procure materials and services necessary to support customer and HAECO requirements at optimum efficiency and pricing.
- Promote the most effective use of company funds in the acquisition of assigned items at the most favorable price consistent with quality, quantity, and specification requirements.
- Select vendors, source material, negotiate prices, terms, and method of shipment per Company policy.
- Maintain rapport with vendors and consistently review previous procurement history to improve pricing.
- Ensure proper approvals are received on all purchase orders in accordance with Company policy.
- Request proper certifications on all orders at time order is placed.
- Be aware of hazardous materials and methods of shipment.
- Ensure subcontracted maintenance is only sub contracted to properly authorized approved organizations.
- Administrate and monitor EDI transactions.
- Reconcile all accounting and receiving discrepancies.
- Negotiate with vendors for the return of materials when necessary.
- Maintain vendor master in Majic on safety stock items.
- Provide constant follow-up until delivery.
- Maintain good company image and vendor relations through professional business conduct.
- Perform all other duties assigned by the Purchasing Supervisor