Inspect, overhaul, repair, modify and troubleshoot airframe and/or powerplant parts, systems, and components utilizing approved maintenance documents. Work accomplished meets or exceeds quality standards as set by the FAA, "HAECO Special Services", and approved customer maintenance programs. The Structures Mechanic is responsible to work in a safe manner eliminating waste and delivering a quality product on time.
- Inspect, overhaul, repair, modify and troubleshoot airframe and/or powerplant parts, systems, and components utilizing approved maintenance documents.
- Work accomplished shall meet or exceed quality standards as set by HAECO, the FAA, and approved customer maintenance program.
- Accomplish work within job standards or estimated hours.
- Support engineering in developing repairs and modifications for transport category airplanes.
- Assist engineers by utilizing fundamental design principals and knowledge of metals and metal fabrication.
- Fabricate parts and assemblies for use in engineering modifications and repairs. These parts will be inspected to ensure the parts can be fabricated to the engineering data and FAA requirements.
- Promote a culture of safety by monitoring self and others to assure all duties are performed within the guidelines as specified by the HAECO Team Member Safety Manual.
- Effectively communicate with aircraft engineers to transmit technical information in the development of cost effective and timely repair solutions.
- Responsible for the proper execution of parts tags attached to repairable, serviceable or condemned parts.
- Assist in the training of other employees, as well as assisting them in performance of their job assignments.
- Interface effectively with members of management, other departments and co-workers.
- Keep own and adjacent work area clean.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.