Reporting to the Director of Program Management, the Senior Program Manager will manage the activities of projects and programs involving department and/or cross-functional teams. The Senior Program Manager will also focus on high customer satisfaction through delivery within prescribed time frame and program parameters and monitor the project or program from initiation through delivery.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Reviews project proposal or plan to determine time frame, procedures for accomplishing, and allotment of available resources to various phases of project; reports findings to leadership.
- Owns customer relationship for specific programs and manages internal communication to effectively execute customer requirements within the organizations capability.
- Confers with staff to outline work plan and responsibilities.
- Works with Aircraft OEMs (i.e. Boeing or Airbus) and/or airline customers for new product development.
- Oversight of program P&L.
- Coordinates activities of team to ensure project progresses within scope, on schedule, and within budget.
- Compiles status reports and modifies schedules or plans as required; prepares project reports for management, client, or others.
- Assess project risk. Identify and resolve conflicts. Develop contingency and mitigation plans to deliver project deliverables on schedule, on budget and compliant with contract requirements. Facilitate communication, interaction and flow with all project participants.
- Confers with team to provide technical advice and to solve problems.
- Develops and implements processes and influences adherence.
- Provides strong leadership to team including employee development and performance management.
- Supports continuous improvement projects as required
- Able to travel both domestically and internationally on short notice (20%)