Perform operational checks, trouble shooting and repairs of avionics and electrical systems on all types of aircraft. Perform a variety of installation and maintenance of avionics hardware and wiring assemblies within budgeted time and at HAECO standards of quality.
1. Perform work as assigned utilizing Routine and/or Non-Routine Work Cards and/or
Service Bulletins within estimated or budgeted hours and within FAA and HAECO standards of quality
2. Perform such typical maintenance operations, where standard methods and practices exist, as
cabling, component removal and installation, wire harness removal and installation, fabrication and repair or wire assemblies, and continuity checks.
3. Must be able to determine if work can safely be accomplished if aircraft is in a power-on mode
and be able to conduct necessary testing if in power-on mode
4. Must be capable and experienced in the removal and installation of avionics systems.
5. Must know and understand manufacturer’s installation specifications, such as the process
manuals, or maintenance manuals related to specific job to be accomplished.
6. Must be able to fabricate and install all wiring assemblies, static lines and associated mechanical
equipment per drawings.
7. Maintain HAECO and customer aircraft maintenance documentation programs.
8. Use and operate safely all ground support equipment (i.e. Man Lifts, Scissor Lifts, etc. and
possess HAECO Special Services Operating certification.
9. Read and use wiring diagrams, engineering drawings, Illustrated Parts Catalog, ATA Codes,
Service Bulletins, and Maintenance Manuals.
10. Read electronic schematics and use them to logically trouble shoot and repair A/C.
11. Troubleshoot and repair all types of Avionics Equipment and Electrical Systems (all types of
12. Guide and assist lower grade mechanics in performance of maintenance and/or repairs and/or
installations as appropriate.
13. Keep own and adjacent work area clean.