Perform operational checks, trouble shooting and repairs of avionics and electrical systems on all types of aircraft. Perform a variety of installation and maintenance of avionics hardware and wiring assemblies within budgeted time and at HAECO, FAA and customers standards of quality.
ADA ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Read and use Maintenance Manuals, Illustrated Parts Catalog, Blueprints, ATA Codes, Service Bulletins, routine and non-routines and other related maintenance documents in order to troubleshoot and effectively complete work assignments.
2. Perform such typical maintenance operations, where standard methods and practices exist, as cabling, component removal and installation, wire harness removal and installation, fabrications and repair or wire assemblies and continuity of checks.
3. Possess ability to determine if work can safely be accomplished if aircraft is in a power on mode and be able to conduct necessary testing if in power on mode.
4. Possess ability and experience in the removal and installation of avionics systems.
5. Know and understand manufacturers installation specifications, such as the process manuals or maintenance manuals related to specific jobs to be accomplished.
6. Possess ability to fabricate and install all wiring assemblies, static lines and associated mechanical equipment per drawings.
7. Maintain HAECO and customer aircraft maintenance documentation process.
8. Use and operate safely all ground support equipment, (i.e. main lifts, scissor lifts, etc.) and possess HAECO operating certification.
9. Read and use wiring diagrams, engineering drawings, illustrated parts catalog, ATA codes, service bulletins and maintenance manuals.
10. Read electronic schematics and use them to logically troubleshoot and repair aircraft.
11. Troubleshoot and repair all types of avionics equipment and electrical systems.
12. Complete all task to the quality standards of HAECO, FAA and our customers approved maintenance manual.
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Two (2) plus years experience performing as an accomplished aircraft mechanic on heavy commercial aircraft, or previously demonstrated ability within HAECO.
3. Capable of interpreting drawings and blueprints to accomplish a specific task.
4. Must have good general knowledge of avionics and electrical systems.
5. A&P or Repairman Certificate with Radio and Instrument or Avionics and Electrical Limitation required.
6. Must understand and follow maintenance manuals and IPC.
7. Must have own tools as required by company tool list.
8. Must have the ability to lead people and accept responsibility.
9. Read, write and understand the English language.