The A&P Lead Mechanic is a mechanic who is a working member of his crew, who is charged with the responsibility of leading, directing, assigning and approving the work of the other members of his/her crew. Lead Mechanics are selected for their technical skills with due consideration for their interpersonal skills, as well as, their ability to communicate effectively with others, lead people and accept responsibility. The A&P Lead is accountable for maintaining a positive relationship with the various authorities and customers and assisting with identifying potential growth opportunities, at the local level.
- Promote a culture of safety by monitoring self and others to assure all duties are performed within safety guidelines.
- Read, understand and ensure compliance with HALC policies and procedures.
- Ensure work records are properly documented and maintained in accordance with the HALC RSQM.
- Ensure that proper FAA approved/acceptable technical data is available to the crew and used when performing maintenance.
- Assign work schedules and lead operations in the most effective manner eliminating waste for the crew to ensure needed coverage and maximized productivity.
- Responsible for performing duties in a safe manner and ensuring subordinates perform duties in a safe manner consistent with company and federal safety guidelines.
- Responsible for proper work execution.
- Responsible to ensure the assigned crew performs quality work in accordance with the applicable technical data.
- Ensure crew members are qualified and that they use proper procedures, manual references, and proper tools to accomplish their assigned task.
- Perform on the job training, as required and determine any additional training needs.
- Monitor attendance and ensure time keeping procedures are being followed for assigned crew and report discrepancies.
- Ensure accurate and complete turnover and schedule work for the assigned crew members.
- Assist in preparing performance evaluations of assigned crew members.
- Interface effectively with members of management, other departments and co-workers.
- Resolve employee problems and complaints through good communications, being receptive to the employees and by working with appropriate management staff.
- Maintain a clean and professional work environment.
- Accomplish all functions in a cost-effective manner.
- Responsible to maintain a positive relationship with local airport authorities as well as the customer and assist with identifying potential growth opportunities and customers at the local level.