Development of engineering design data within budget in accordance with FAA, customer and "HAECO Americas" standards of quality.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Analyze and check structural engineering data produced by other engineering groups to evaluate structural integrity and ensure it meets the structural requirements for FAA and Air framer acceptance as approved data.
- Create and develop structural engineering substantiation reports that will be used to substantiate changes.
- Generate stress analysis notes in a usable, traceable file that serves as a historical substantiation record of the seating component modifications.
- Create, develop, and implement test procedures as required to obtain certifiable allowables data for use by HAECO.
- Develop finite element models to aid in the development of design and certification data.
- Serve as the primary focal point for HAECO engineers, customers & technical personnel regarding structural substantiation issues.
- Provide input and suggestions for continuous improvement of various department procedures, controls, flows and systems, and become familiar with TIMCO’s internal policies and procedures.
- Provide technical support to HAECO Production during the manufacturing and installation phases of TIMCO developed designs.
- Support other Engineering groups as workload requirements dictate.
- Develop expertise on aircraft seats design concepts, industry design standards, FAR’s and drafting techniques consistent with HAECO’s workload environment.
- Must be able to work assigned schedule with minimal absences.
- Review and Approve design documents, design change documents from structural perspective