The Cost Estimator is responsible to participate in the coordination and execution of internal business case assessments and external customer proposals. Develop and build databases to support such activity in an efficient manner. This position will regularly interface with other departments such as manufacturing operations and supply chain at senior levels of the organization.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Key participant in multi-discipline teams in the preparation of proposals
- Estimate and present the material costs of manufacturing and engineering in respect to the Company’s internal and external requirements
- Create schedules, track actions, and organize review meetings for areas of responsibility
- Develop processes to build and maintain accurate cost databases that can be utilized to expedite the cost estimation process of the company
- Computes cost estimates of raw materials, purchased parts, subcontracted work and labor
- Analyzes specifications, including sketches, blueprints, bills of material, sample layouts and LOPAs (Layout of Passenger Accomodations) and calculate estimated production material costs therefrom
- Provides support for bids on new contracts.
- Collects cost data from internal functional representatives, historical actual performance data and external vendors
- Prepares cost reports
- Creates product cost estimating models
- Develops, prepares and maintains historical cost databases
- Perform other duties as assigned, by the Finance Manager or as judgment or necessity dictates.