This position will require the ability to perform CNC machine set-up and operation. This position may also be required to create edit CNC programs.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Conduct all set-up and quality operations in support of machining for self and others. Set-up and operate machines in accordance with process sheets any other required paperwork (i.e. drawings, specifications, etc.).
- Create, edit and/or retrieve CNC programs from system files and execute.
- Use Manufacturing paperwork (travelers, blueprints, sketches, etc) to:
- Manufacture product that meets quality requirements. Inspect and verify work prior to submitting for inspection. If non-conforming, process via non-conforming material procedures.
- Meet time and schedule standards for assigned work.
- Correctly process work via required paperwork and MRP system.
- Advise supervision of issues that arise.
- Perform non-CNC tasks when necessary: non-CNC equipment operation, hand-work operations, inspections, saw-cut operations, etc.
- Identify set-up reduction opportunities and Lean process opportunities and communicate to supervision.
- Properly use the MRP system to record job information. Assist supervision in workforce compliance with MRP reporting. Identify issues and opportunities in meeting cost requirements of assigned work.
- Understanding and utilizing the following basic decision making process so quality and timely decisions will be made that are supported and understood:
- Understand your authority in the decision making process including involving those affected by the potential decision and those who have meaningful knowledge so they can contribute facts and opinions.
- Identifying and understanding the criteria for a successful decision and utilizing the help chain (Chain of Command) to communicate pertinent information.