Temporary Direct Position
Troubleshoot and repair gasoline engines, diesel engines, automotive electrical systems, hydraulic systems and drive train. Must perform tasks within budget and within HAECO, FAA and customers standards of quality. The GSE Mechanic is responsible to work in a safe manner eliminating waste and delivering a quality product on time.
ADA ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Possess working knowledge of Detroit, CAT, Cummins, John Deere and Perkins diesel engines.
2. Troubleshoot and repair wiring on automotive units.
3. Be familiar with gasoline engines (2.3 Ford, 300 Ford, VH4S Wisconsin, Briggs, Straton and others).
4. Possess working knowledge of hydraulic components.
5. Promote a culture of safety by monitoring self and others to assure all duties are performed within the guidelines as specified by the HAECO Team Member Safety Manual.
6. Possess ability to detect problems and implement corrections on diesel, gasoline engines, hydraulics and electrical systems.
7. Perform other work as instructed by the GSE Lead Mechanic.
8. Be ability to take 24-hour call, seven days per week.
1. High School diploma or equivalent.
2. Ability to work with minimum supervision.
3. Minimum three (3) years experience as fleet maintenance or automotive/diesel engines.
4. Must be familiar with hand tools and testing.
5. Must have own toolbox with minimum tools for GSE.
6. Ability to read and interpret schematics and blueprints.
7. Valid Florida driver's license required.
8. Read, write, and understand the English language.