Perform assembly operations to build up and assemble units of modern complexity within prescribed cycle-time along a production line under limited supervision. Operates and troubleshoots line machinery and may perform minor repairs as necessary.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Positions, installs, and assembles parts and subassemblies by using templates and reading/following work instructions.
- Assembles components by examining connections for correct fit; fastening parts and subassemblies.
- Keeps equipment operational by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Works from assembly instructions, parts lists, wire lists, diagrams, verbal instructions and notes to assemble, wire and install a wide variety of components, and selects components to be integrated into subassembly and assembly units.
- Utilizes small hand tools such as wire strippers, crimpers, wrenches, screwdrivers, pliers, cutters of various types, and other standard wiring and assembly tools.