Development of engineering design data within budget in accordance with FAA, customer and HAECO standards of quality.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Provide technical support to complete various seating programs.
- Complete feasibility studies to assist with the development of HAECO proposals and statements of work from limited specification information.
- Develop and produce design data required for the proper manufacture, assembly and installation of aircraft seating assemblies and components.
- Perform fastener selections, tolerance studies, weight and cost studies assessments.
- Develop preliminary engineering analysis necessary to substantiate aircraft modifications.
- Review the design data produced by less experienced Design Engineers.
- Assist with development of less experienced Design Engineers by acting as a mentor/resource.
- Interface with other HAECO departments to ensure customer & HAECO requirements are met.
- Interface with the Substantiation Engineering group and ODA representatives to ensure that all designs meet the established FAA regulatory criteria.
- Attend/support design review meetings with HAECO staff.
- Provide technical support to HAECO Manufacturing during the manufacturing and assembly phases of HAECO developed designs.
- Provide support during receipt and installation of seats by airframe/customer as required.
- Develop expertise with aircraft seat design concepts and industry design and test standards.
- Support other Engineering groups as workload requirements dictate.
- Become familiar with and adhere to HAECO Cabin Solutions internal policies and procedures. Provide input and suggestions for continuous improvement of various department procedures, controls, flows and systems.
- Support, in a professional manner, customers, major manufacturers, vendors, FAA, or other outside agencies to promote and support HAECO technical & commercial interests.
- Work on complex design tasks with limited assistance.
Perform other duties as assigned