Accomplishment of engineering stress and substantiation services within budget in accordance with
FAA/EASA, customer and HAECO standards of quality.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Coordinate the Stress Engineering group’s activity by providing technical support, supervision and guidance to stress engineering personnel for engineering programs in which HAECO is involved.
- Develop well defined HAECO statements of work from customer provided specifications and air framers specifications.
- Provide man-hour estimates, for stress engineering and be accountable for the technical content of analysis undertaken by the Stress Engineering group, and coordinate with other functional groups within HAECO.
- Responsible for engineering data (analysis, reports, manuals, etc.) required to substantiate a product or aircraft modification achieve Airline and Regulatory acceptance of the installed parts. Provide the proper man-loading of the Engineering team to ensure that those hours expended are used most effectively.
- Interface with HAECO certification/DER/UM and designers to ensure that all designs meet established FAA and where required by contract EASA or other foreign regulatory criteria.
- Attend and support the standard program design reviews with customers and either aircraft OEM’s or STC applicants.
- Set group objectives, assign projects and evaluate group(s) work for content and conformity with FAA, customer and HAECO requirements.
- Develop program quotations from data provided by sales on the project. Maintain involvement in day to day HAECO operations to ensure that the highest level of engineering support is maintained at all times.
- Analyze and check structural engineering data produced by other engineering groups to ensure it meets the structural requirements for FAA certification.
- Create and develop structural engineering substantiation reports that will be used to certify repair and modification data.
- Create, develop, and implement test procedures as required to obtain certifiable allowables data for use by TIMCO.
- Assist and guide Stress Engineers in accomplishing analytical substantiation tasks.
- Initiate support for other Engineering groups as workload requirements dictate.
- Provide input and suggestions for continuous improvement of various department procedures, controls, flows and systems, and increase familiarity with HAECO’s internal policies and procedures.
- Coordinate, in a professional manner, with customers, major manufacturers, vendors, FAA (when needed), or other outside agencies to promote and support HAECO’s technical & commercial interests.