The Quality Assurance Manager is directly responsible to the Director of Quality for the overall operation of the Quality Assurance and Supplier Quality teams at HAECO Cabin Solutions (PTP). The Quality Assurance Manager is responsible to develop staff, implement, and oversee the Quality Assurance and Supplier Quality program at HAECO Cabin Solutions (PTP) to include additional locations of manufacturing, engineering, stores, and repair station locations directly associated to PTP. The Quality Assurance Manager shall develop, conduct and oversee internal audits at the HCS (PTP) facility to verify compliance with HCS (PTP), FAA, and customer policies and procedures. Quality Assurance Manager shall also be responsible to develop and oversee the supplier quality program at HCS. The Supplier Quality Manager shall manage the supplier quality relationship for HCS by developing performance metrics, coordinate site inspection staffing as well as initiate and control the supplier corrective action process. The Manager of Quality Assurance shall coordinate activities with the Director of Quality to provide detailed performance data to the responsible Executive Vice President / General Manager (PTP).
Essential Job Duties:
- Responsible for the development of the quality assurance program to include; creation of internal / supplier auditing programs, training auditors, and performing audits.
- Serve as supervisor of assigned staff with responsibilities including interviewing / selection, monitoring of performance / attendance, scheduling, assignment of qualified personnel for tasks, administering of disciplinary action, separation of employment, and assistance in the resolution of employee related issues regarding assigned staff.
- Act as designated trainer when requested to support HCS (PTP) personnel.
- Keep metrics and goals to achieve the highest levels of quality as measured by customers, regulators, and company requirements.
- Responsible for AS9100 support with auditing and data collection.
- Perform surveillance of all company operations, to include FAA/ODA/Repair Station compliance and provide metrics of audit performance.
- Perform investigations for all company quality related functions.
- Receive and escort incoming FAA and customer audit functions.
- Utilize quality management system tools (control charts, pareto charts, flowcharts, and other statistical process control charts) to ensure company processes are in control and operating at company expected levels. Analyze data to determine causes of variation and work with company representative to eliminate variation.
- Support quality management in any role assigned as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) within the scope of experience.
- Ensure the supplier quality database reflects all suppliers of services to HCS.
- Evaluate the necessity to staff suppliers with inspection personnel to ensure delivery of a defect free product to HCS.
- Review, interview and select Source Inspector staff.
- Perform supplier trend analysis activities with real time supplier performance to identify and resolve negative trends minimizing non-conforming product delivery impacts.
- Develop and maintain a shared repository of supplier quality performance data and provide quality supplier status reports to company management along with a supplier quality rating system.
- Initiate alerts when supplier quality performance falls below established performance minimums.
- Participate in projects to bring about improvement of supplier processes to reduce scrap, rework and ineffective practices to improve reliability and/or reduce cost.
- Develop and perform statistical quality calculations associated with established key characteristics to reduce variation of identified characteristics.
- Interface with on-site receiving inspection personnel to ensure appropriate supplier data is being captured for report development.
- Develop budget for quality assurance / supplier quality requirements based on anticipated need and operate within that budget.