The Veteran Apprentice position shall perform duties under the direct supervision of a certificated Lead. This position is encouraged to initiate a workbook to document experienced gained toward certification. This person will assist the assigned experienced mechanic with work on the aircraft as directed. The Veteran Apprentice may only perform those duties for which the assigned Lead employee is rated and experienced to perform. In addition, the Veteran Apprentice shall be responsible to:
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Retrieve ICA references, parts or other items as directed.
- Assist Aircraft Technician with service and repair of aircraft and aircraft components.
- Perform duties assigned by the overseeing supervisory employee such as but not limited to the following:
- Remove inspection plates, cowling, engine covers, floor boards, and related items to provide access for inspection and repair, and replaces items when work is completed.
- Clean/remove corrosion and apply corrosion preventative coating to aircraft structure in preparation for panel close.
- Furnishing materials, tools and supplies to technicians.
- Lifting and holding materials in place during operation
- Cleaning work areas, machines, tools, and equipment
- Complete work book experience items as experienced is gained working toward certification as an Airframe and Powerplant mechanic.
Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.