Uses samples and prints, machine program requested parts using CAD/CAM system to produce C.N.C. code to fabricate aircraft parts in a production environment. Performs assigned tasks within budgeted time while maintaining HAECO, FAA, and customers' standards of quality. The CNC Programmer is responsible to work in a safe manner, to eliminate waste and deliver a quality product on time.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Perform work as assigned utilizing HAECO paperwork/ drawings to produce CAD/CAM machine programs within estimated or budgeted hours and within FAA and HAECO standards of quality.
- Perform typical CNC and Manual machine shop operations, using milling machines (horizontal and vertical); operate lathes, drill press, hydraulic press, grinders and other shop equipment.
- Perform layouts and prepare shop drawings as required using CAD/CAM system to produce CNC code for multiple machines (mills and lathes) for multiple personnel.
- Maintain and understand HAECO, and customer aircraft maintenance documentation programs.
- Promote a culture of safety by monitoring self and others to assure all duties are performed within the guidelines as specified by the HAECO Team Member Safety Manual.
- Promote a positive and conducive atmosphere in the training of other Machinists on machining and programming of parts.
- Troubleshoot programming problems with programs and work with Machinists on the floor in resolving machine/programming issues.
- Use and operate safely all appropriate hand tools and other machinery associated with the machine shop.
- Learn and apply Epicor Vantage production software to the shop production environment.
- Assist other Machinists in performance of maintenance and/or repairs as appropriate.
- Keep own and adjacent work area clean, and perform with other assigned machinist weekly shop clean-up