The Certification Engineer will assist with the development of HAECO seating product certification; lead and review
certification and test plans, conduct and witness in-house static, dynamic and flammability testing; maintain
certification data files; and track progress to ensure certification projects maintain schedule and budget as well as
adhere to FAA, Customer, Airbus, Boeing and Company standards.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Review program statement of work to develop certification requirement matrix for seating projects supporting FAA and EASA Technical Standard Orders (TSOs) application and approval.
- Assist with preparation of preliminary cost estimates, budgets, and implementation schedules.
- Produce and review certification plans, substantiation data, test plans, test reports and other seat certification data to show compliance to 14 CFR 25.561, 25.562 and 25.853(a), (c) and (d) and applicable industry specifications
- Assist with the definition, buildup of test articles and coupons, review and address conformity issues and assist with witnessing and testing.
- Review project certification data for completeness and compliance to application regulatory requirements.
- Assist with obtaining acceptance and approval of design and certification data with aircraft OEMs and FAA.
- Coordinate with outside testing facilities when used
- Participate in technical coordination and design review meetings with customers, aircraft OEM and other stakeholders.
- Expand knowledge and expertise on latest regulatory (FAA, EASA) and OEM requirements, Special Conditions, Policy Memo , Advisory Circular and applicable regulatory and guidance
- Coordinate with Program Management, Engineering, Product Development, Testing organizations as part of a cross-functional team
- Coordinate effectively with management, other departments, HAECO corporate and co-workers to implement and monitor strategic company and departmental initiatives.
- Support new product development activities and advise on certification risks for new seat designs and use of new materials and processes
- Support and enforce Company policies and procedure
- Provides leadership to a small group of engineers and technicians