Development of engineering design data within budget in accordance with FAA, customer and "HAECO Americas" standards of quality, while providing technical guidance to design staff.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Provide technical support and guidance to engineering personnel of various disciplines for engineering programs in which HAECO is involved. Assist and guide Engineers in accomplishing designs.
- Develop well-defined HAECO statements of work from limited customer provided specification information and aircraft surveys.
- Research and review engineering data (drawings, reports, manuals, etc.) defining aircraft structure or systems to determine the most efficient method of modification or alteration.
- Develop and produce design data required for the proper manufacture, assembly and installation of aircraft modifications and components.
- Develop preliminary engineering analysis necessary to substantiate aircraft modifications.
- Lead design teams from a technical point of view and review and check the design data produced by design engineers.
- Assist with development of less experienced Design Engineers by acting as a mentor/resource.
- Coordinate Certification and Substantiation activities for the Engineering UM’s and ODA staff.
- Serve as subject matter resource on multiple design types to other engineers within HAECO .
- Interface with other HAECO departments to ensure customer & HAECO requirements are met.
- Interface with the Substantiation group and ODA representatives to ensure that all designs meet the established FAA regulatory criteria.
- Convert limited modification specification information into engineering design data for use in part manufacturing and installation.
- Support various design review meetings with customers.
- Provide technical support to HAECO manufacturing during the manufacturing and installation phases of HAECO developed designs.
- Provide support and supervision during installation of modifications at remote locations.
- Conduct detailed audits and surveys on site at customer facilities to develop aircraft design concepts and specifications through the interpretation of preliminary specifications and customer interface.
- Support other Engineering groups as workload requirements dictate.
- Maintain and expand expertise in aircraft industry design concepts and standards consistent with HAECO ’s work scope environment.
- Provide input and suggestions for continuous improvement of various department procedures, controls, flows and systems, and become familiar with HAECO internal policies and procedures.
- Coordinate, in a professional manner, with customers, major manufacturers, vendors, FAA, or other outside agencies to promote and support HAECO technical & commercial interests.
- Must be able to work autonomously on complex design tasks.