The Component Overhaul Mechanic will perform maintenance functions on various components (hydraulic, pneumatic or accessories) within budgeted time and at HAECO Special Services (HSS), FAA, and our customers’ standards of quality. Organize work plan in an efficient and resourceful manner. The Component Overhaul Mechanic is responsible to work in a safe manner eliminating waste and delivering a quality product on time.
- Perform work as assigned utilizing paperwork and service bulletins/AD’s within estimated hours and within HSS, Customer and FAA standards of quality.
- Interpret and follow all overhaul manuals and test procedures.
- Use and operate safely, all appropriate hand tools and other machinery associated with the component shop.
- Read and use illustrated parts, catalogs, A.T.A. code, AD’s and service bulletins.
- Observe and follow all safety procedures.
- Follow all approved work practices.
- Evaluation, test, repair and/or overhaul aircraft components.
- Sign for all work performed.
- Interface effectively with members of management, other departments and co-workers.
- Keep own and adjacent work area clean.