The Buyer is directly responsible to the Manager Purchasing and Inventory Control and is responsible for the procurement of materials for aircraft maintenance and ground support in a cost effective manner.
ADA ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Procure aircraft parts and components having the proper certification by the vendors.
2. Help to develop a continuous improvement process at HAECO and take responsibility for assigned projects.
3. Maintain the most cost effective measures, along with balancing the critical milestones of the aircraft parts required to assure parts are on hand in a timely manner.
4. Maintain direct communications with assigned Project Managers on parts, status, problem items, etc.
5. Provide input to Supervisor Stores on stock levels for adjusting the min/max levels to changing maintenance needs.
6. Address any problem orders with the Manager Purchasing and Inventory Control.
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Undergraduate degree or two years equivalent procurement experience required.
3. Should have knowledge of typical PC/business software applications (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Internet.)
4. Typing speed of 35 WPM is required.
5. Prefer minimum two (2) years of purchasing experience in repair station or airline environment. Must have general knowledge of purchasing functions. Must know how/where to source material in a timely manner. Must be able to negotiate terms, establish accounts and determine methods of shipment.
6. Must have excellent written and oral communication skills. Excellent interpersonal skills are needed to interact with a wide variety of people.
7. Must have good organizational skills, be able to prioritize work, accurately perform duties with constant activity in the area and pay close attention to detail.
8. Must be a self-starter requiring minimum supervision and perform with a degree of accuracy in the execution of job assignments.
9. Must be able to work under pressure, relate to others and maintain flexibility with schedules of the department.
10. Read, write and understand the English language.