The Senior Operations Manager assures assigned Project Managers are fulfilling their role to manage an aircraft visit, including constant customer support and communication, adherence to budget, compliance with regulatory guidelines, and communication of relevant information to other management. Leads assigned Project Managers to maximize manpower utilization within assigned programs.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Supervise and lead Project Managers in daily aircraft maintenance operations. Develop assigned staff to improve customer service and leadership skills.
- Hold Project Managers accountable for compliance to safety guidelines, quality procedures, and regulatory requirements. Assures Project Managers identify and address concerns and Project Managers resolve negative trends with assigned Supervisors.
- Assure Project Managers meet delivery goals for assigned programs.
- Shift manpower to best utilize resources across assigned program.
- Work closely with DOM/Sr. Operation Managers to determine shared facility resources priority such as GSE equipment, tooling, or aircraft movement.
- Monitor budget adherence and address concerns with Project Managers throughout the program to meet financial goals. Communicate with Director of Maintenance and Controller ongoing to identify deviations from the expected plan.
- Review all preventative actions offered in to response of VDRP’s, customer and internal investigations prior to submittal to the regulators and customers.
- Provide input to the Director of Planning for bids, including estimation of hours, visit length, analysis of employee skills, training requirements and related information.
- Review final invoices and ensure timely processing.
- Serve as the primary customer point of contact for concerns.
- Conduct a daily walk around to identify issues within the program and assure concerns are addressed by assigned staff.
- Answer Corrective Action Requests and work closely with QA to ensure compliance/consistency, serving as the point of contact for maintenance related CARs for their assigned programs.
- Responsible for driving financials to meet year end goals.