To confirm and ship all Customer and HAECO material including, but not limited to, haz-mat, flaps, spoilers, vanes, elevators, engines, and any other items to there requested destination by use of proper FAA, DOT, and IATA regulations.
1. Ship serviceable and unserviceable Customer Material back to the Customer.
2. Ship repairable components to vendors for overhaul.
3. Ship discrepancy material back to appropriate vendor.
4. Identify, package, and ship Hazardous Material IAW FAA, DOT, and IATA regulations.
5. Ensure all appropriate paperwork and tags are properly filled out per the HAECO IPM and Customers guidelines.
6. Correctly identify parts, the appropriate paperwork and tags, and ensure each part is properly capped / prepared prior to shipping.
7. Ensure all pertinent information for the material is written on the Shipping Ticket, in the Tracking Log, and entered in the MAJIC system.
8. Ensure all material awaiting shipment is properly stored IAW the HAECO IPM.
9. Keep Material Planners and Customer Reps informed of any changes in shipments and be sure to follow-up and supply all requested shipping information.
1. High School Diploma or equivalent.
2. Minimum of two (2) years Shipping experience or has previously demonstrated ability within HAECO.
3. Minimum twelve (12) months HAECO Stores experience.
4. Knowledge of Haz-Mat and be able to complete mandatory IATA training/certification and DOT CFR 49.
5. Must have basic carpentry skills.
6. Be able to perform basic computer skills.
7. Able to operate forklifts (up to 25,000 lbs.), pallet jack, banding machine, foam machine, and carpentry power tools.
8. Must have a valid Drivers License.
9. Must be a self-starter requiring minimum supervision.
10. Must possess good teamwork and communication skills.
11. Must be able to read and write the English language.
1. Aviation shipping background preferred.