JOB SUMMARY: The Upholstery Technician will fabricate, repair, modify and refurbish aircraft seats, panels, sidewalls and other related components in accordance with FAA, customer and HAECO Cabin Solutions standards of quality.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Measure and cut new covering materials, using patterns and measuring and cutting instruments, according to design/engineering drawings and aircraft specifications.
- Make, restore, or create custom upholstered products, using hand tools and knowledge of fabrics and upholstery methods.
- Match, adhere and fasten together materials or components using adhesives.
- Operate industrial sewing machines, sergers, overlocks, piping or binding machines.
- Operate machines to join sections of seating material (typically, leather) as well as other components into finished products used within aircraft interiors.
- Draw cutting lines on material following patterns, templates, sketches, or blueprints, using chalk, pencils, paint, or other methods.
- Measure, cut and prepare foam materials used in the upholstery process.
- Fit, build-up, assemble and finish seating and other upholstered components from materials fabricated and manufactured onsite.
- Comply with safety and company policies and use protective equipment as required.
- Complete special projects or other tasks as required or assigned as qualified.
- May be assigned to other areas of operations, based on business or customer requirements.