The Continuous Improvement Leader is responsible for leading and managing process improvement within HAECO manufacturing and engineering operations. This position will lead the cultural transformation to a Lean continuous improvement culture.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Serve as the HAECO focal point and primary resource for Continuous Improvement (CI)/Lean Manufacturing implementation and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Lead ongoing CI/Lean improvement projects with HAECO manufacturing and engineering operations.
- Eliminate waste and streamline manufacturing flow using Lean methodologies to reduce overall lead times.
- Identify and implement process improvements by utilizing Continuous improvement tools including 5S, Kaizen Events, Value Stream Mapping, Cause and Effect Analysis, Process Controls, Visual Controls, Flow Production, variation reduction and waste elimination.
- Develop detailed Process Maps, metrics, and control plans for the key manufacturing processes, advising management of required changes.
- Serve as key member of the Lean Manufacturing Steering Committee.
- Identify and scope new process improvement opportunities in the areas of quality, cost, and service that support HAECO manufacturing and engineering business goals.
- Develop and deliver project presentations to all levels of management.
- Identify training needs and provide training and coaching to improve operational efficiencies.
- Benchmark and identify best practices.
- Develop business relationship with equipment and raw materials suppliers and trade groups to identify new technology and new manufacturing processes in order to improve product performance and reduce costs.
- Listen and work with plant employees to identify and troubleshoot processing issues; taking corrective actions as appropriate.