The CNC Machinist operates machine shop equipment, fabricates parts, and performs repairs within estimated time and in accordance with applicable HAECO, FAA, and customer standards of quality. The CNC Machinist is responsible to work in a safe manner, eliminating waste, and delivering a quality product on time.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Perform typical CNC and manual machine shop operations including the use of CNC / manual milling machines (vertical and horizontal), lathes, drill presses, hydraulic presses, and grinders.
- Perform layout and prepare shop drawings as required.
- Follow all applicable specifications to accomplish a specific task.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- Perform work within estimated hours.
- Follow all safety procedures and specifications.
- Execute all required paperwork in connection with assigned normal duties.
- Use and operate ground support equipment, as applicable and if qualified, in a safe manner.
- Work with little or no supervision and accomplish assignments with little or no rework.
- Assist other employees in the performance of their job assignments through coaching, counseling, and guidance.
- Interface effectively with members of management, other departments, and co-workers.