The Non Destructive Testing Technician performs various methods of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) on various aircraft and aircraft engine components for which the repair station is rated. Methods to include: Liquid Penetrant, Magnetic Particle, Eddy Current, and Ultrasonic Testing and manufacturers’ recommendations and industry standard practices. Qualifications are based on SNT TC-1A, ATA 105 and NAS 410.
1. Identify discrepancies on aircraft and components using non destructive inspection techniques.
2. Ensure proper NDT techniques, procedures, standards, specifications, and procedures are used.
3. Set-up/calibrate equipment and interpret/evaluate results with respect to applicable standards and specifications.
4. Establish techniques and prepare written instructions and determine acceptance criteria.
5. Train through (OJT) NDT Level I personnel for certification in those NDT methods of which the NDT Level II or Level III is certified. Comply with requirements and follow guidance of the HAECO NDT manual.
6. Comply with other duties as assigned by the Quality Manager/Chief Inspector
7. Document all experience on appropriate forms.
1. Maintain lab in a clean and orderly manner.
2. Maintain all NDT equipment and tools in usable condition in accordance with specifications for each.
3. Perform NDT audits pertaining to safety and proper maintenance procedures for each method appointed as Level II or Level III.