The Director of Proposal Management is responsible for the development and timely execution of elaborate and technically complex proposals for HAECO Cabin Solutions’ customer base and serves as the point of contact for all incoming/outgoing RFP’s, RFQ’s and RFI’s. The Director of Proposal Management establishes a deliverables strategy, generates technical documentation such as compliance matrices and leads an interdisciplinary matrix team.
- Review and analyze airline and OEMs statements of work and requests for quotes.
- Review technically and commercially complex documents, including customer specifications, schedules and product requirements.
- Recommend a proposal strategy and identify desired deliverables and formats based on the customer’s business model.
- Tracking, coordinating, collecting and compiling all relevant data needed to provide our customers with a high quality technical proposal package.
- Lead an interdisciplinary team of Engineering, Operations/Supply Chain, Finance and Program Management to generate proposals and associated internal decision making documents (bid/no bid, bid kick-off, financial cost calculations and sign off sheets)
- Oversee the effort of compiling the technical and commercial inputs required for the offering of systems and products. This includes developing technical product specification, Bill of Materials and overall weight calculations for inclusion in proposals.
- Log, monitor and maintain the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool to ensure the timely progress of RFQ/RFI preparation.
- Develop and maintain the forecasting models for engineering and production capacity utilizing customer provided waterfalls, skylines, and orders reports, and internal engineering and production plans.
- Act as the technical focal point for airlines, OEMs and assists in presentations to the customer to explain the proposal offering and answer technical questions.
- Support sales team regarding technical justification on price assertions for customer driven scope changes.
- Focus departmental personnel in continuous improvement of products and processes in order to meet productivity and performance targets.
Perform other duties as assigned or as judgment or necessity dictates.