Troubleshoot and repair gasoline engines, diesel engines, automotive electrical systems, hydraulic systems and drive train. Must perform tasks within budget and within HAECO, FAA, and customers' standards of quality. The GSE Mechanic is responsible to work in a safe manner eliminating waste and delivering a quality product on time.
ADA ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Working knowledge of Detroit, Cat, Cummins and Perkins diesel engines.
2. Troubleshoot and repair wiring on automotive units.
3. Familiar with gasoline engines (2.3 Ford, 300 Ford, VH4S Wisconsin, Briggs & Straton).
4. Working knowledge of hydraulic components.
5. Promote a culture of safety by monitoring self and others to assure all duties are performed within the guidelines as specified by the HAECO Team Member Safety Manual.
6. Ability to detect problems and implement corrections on diesel, gasoline engines hydraulics and electrical systems.
7. The incumbent will be on 24-hour call, seven days a week.
1. High School Diploma or GED required.
2. Have three (3) years experience as fleet maintenance or automotive/diesel engines.
3. Valid Driver's License required.
4. Must be familiar with hand tools and testing.
5. Must possess own toolbox with minimum tools for GSE.
6. Ability to read and interpret schematics and blueprints.
7. Ability to work with minimum supervision.
8. Must be able to read, write and understand the English Language.