Development of engineering design data within budget in accordance with FAA, customer and "HAECO Americas" standards of quality, while providing technical guidance to design staff. Position focused on Electrical Engineering design data.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Provide technical support and guidance to engineering personnel of various disciplines for engineering programs in which HAECO is involved. Assist and guide Engineers in accomplishing designs.
- Develop well defined HAECO statements of work from limited customer provided specification information and aircraft surveys.
- Research and review engineering data (drawings, reports, manuals, etc.) defining aircraft structure or systems to determine the most efficient method of modification or alteration.
- Develop and produce design data required for the proper manufacture, assembly and installation of aircraft modifications and components.
- Develop preliminary engineering analysis necessary to substantiate aircraft modifications.
- Check the design data produced by less experienced Design Engineers.
- Assist with development of less experienced Design Engineers by acting as a mentor/resource.
- Coordinate Certification and Substantiation activities for the Engineering UM’s and ODA staff.
- Interface with other HAECO departments to ensure customer & HAECO requirements are met.
- Interface with the Substantiation group and ODA representatives to ensure that all designs meet the established FAA regulatory criteria.
- Convert limited modification specification information into engineering design data for use in part manufacturing and installation.
- Support various design review meetings with customers.
- Provide technical support to HAECO Manufacturing during the manufacturing and installation phases of HAECO developed designs.
- Provide support and supervision during installation of modifications at remote locations.
- Conduct detailed audits and surveys on site at customer facilities to develop aircraft design concepts and specifications through the interpretation of preliminary specifications and customer interface.
- Support other Engineering groups as workload requirements dictate.
- Provide input and suggestions for continuous improvement of various department procedures, controls, flows and systems, and become familiar with HAECO internal policies and procedures.
- Coordinate, in a professional manner, with customers, major manufacturers, vendors, FAA, or other outside agencies to promote and support HAECO technical & commercial interests.