The Avionics Lead Technician is responsible for ensuring the people assigned to their crew complete their tasks safely and in full compliance with all manuals and procedures while maintaining quality and productivity standards.
- Ensure that every person assigned to a job has the correct work instructions, tools, PPE and applicable references available and is familiar with what is required to complete the task.
- Assure proper documentation for work performed by assigned employees, reflecting the status of the job
- Directly oversee the work performed by any individuals who are unfamiliar with the methods, techniques, practices, aids, equipment, and tools used to perform any maintenance, preventive maintenance, or alterations
- Provide guidance for performance of such typical maintenance operations, where standard methods and practices exist, as cabling, component removal and installation, wire harness removal and installation, fabrication and repair or wire assemblies, and continuity checks.
- Must be able to determine if work can safely be accomplished if aircraft is in a power-on mode
and be able to conduct necessary testing if in power-on mode
- Must be capable and experienced in the removal and installation of avionics systems.
- Must know and understand manufacturer’s installation specifications, such as the process
manuals, or maintenance manuals related to specific job to be accomplished.
- Must be able to fabricate and install all wiring assemblies, static lines and associated mechanical
equipment per drawings.
- Verify qualifications of assigned employees to ensure only properly trained and qualified employees are assigned to each task
- Assure accurate accomplishment of work by assigned employee
- Assure work performed in accordance with all manuals, procedure and data.
- Review work performed by assigned technicians prior to submission to inspection for acceptance.
- Ensure compliance with all safety and environmental compliance.
- Conduct start of shift meetings to inform team members of any day to day issues
- Provide an accurate and complete turnover to next shift lead and supervision for proper visit tracking