Prepare customer manuals and supplements, HAECO manuals and supplements, and other technical documentation in accordance with FAA, customer, and HAECO standards of quality. Provide leadership to the Technical Publications
Essential Job Duties:
- Research and review engineering drawings, engineering orders, and related technical data defining aircraft modifications and assembly/subassembly/component specifications, determine the effect on customer technical publications, and use the materials to produce accurate, high quality customer technical publications, which adhere to ATA iSpec 2200 format.
- Focus expertise on project(s) that best support overall queue management for projects that require the most effort to complete relative to due date.
- Provide support and expertise to other internal departments with regard to customer technical publications.
- Provide support and expertise to other internal departments with regard to in-house technical publications, such as forms, guides, intranet sites, and manuals.
- Interface and coordinate in a professional manner with other HAECO departments-internal customers-to ensure customer, regulatory, and HAECO requirements are met and to promote and support organizational business interests.
- Must be able to work, and provide assistance to other team members, on complex documentation tasks.
- Promote and lead continuous improvement of Technical Publications department, including procedures, quality control, workflow, and tools.
- Monitor and set standards for product quality.
- Display self leadership-research and work unfamiliar assignments.
- Ability to produce as final all technical publication types from among CMMs, ICAs, In-house documentation.
- Demonstrate developed production illustration skills.
- Demonstrate developed production structured FrameMaker (FM) skills.
- Certified professional or has completed other formal demonstrated mastery of industry concepts practices and procedures.
- Demonstrate mastery of HAECO policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate mastery of technical documentation methods and procedures used at HAECO.
- Act as OJT trainer for all Technical Publications duties and products.
- Lead assigned staff /assign and delegate work to others.
- Ability to act as lead and fill in for supervisor during absences.