Provides first-level support for issues related to computers and telephones, including problem determination, escalation, tracking and resolution. Assists local and remote users with resolving computer hardware, computer software, and network/voice communication/connectivity issues for a 24 x 7 production environment. Provide timely reporting of IT Operations work order and inventory status. Perform network administration maintenance tasks in accordance with established procedures.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Ensure that incidents and requests are handled according to agreed procedures and ensure that documentation of the supported components is available and in an appropriate form for those providing support.
- Ensure that appropriate action is taken to anticipate, investigate and resolve problems in systems and services ensuring that such problems are fully documented within relevant system(s). Coordinate the implementation of agreed remedies and preventative measures and analyze patterns and trends.
- Provide oral, written, or hands-on support to all hardware, software and telephone users.
- Utilize working knowledge of MS Office suite, desktop operating systems, problem management systems, end-user network administration (password resets, permissions, restarting services), and basic UNIX/Linux knowledge.
- Responsible for user, account, and service provisioning
- Responsible for installing/deploying software on endpoints
Responsible for assigning and escalating new incoming support requests
- Record, track, escalate, update calls, and close tickets thru problem management software.
- Design and create structured documentation that deals with complex information and manage the configuration of documentation items and files, within own area of responsibility.
- Resolve problems using electronic tools, manuals and technical support documentation.
- Quote, submit purchase requests, and receive shipments for IT related items, as needed.
- Provide 24x7 on-call support for any systems that you have been assigned responsibility for.
- Participate in on-call rotation. Provide general support 24x7 during week long on-call rotations.
- Participate in project activities, as assigned by management
- Communicate effectively acting as a key liaison with customers, team members and colleagues across the company. Effectively communicate technical information to non-technical audiences.
- Take responsibility for own workload and keep others informed, highlighting potential problems and suggesting solutions to ensure continuity of service delivery.
- Coordinate activities with other team members.
- Some occasional travelling may be required, for example to user groups or conferences.